5.07.2011

Hiroshima Carp-9 Yakult Swallows-6

**I want to apologize for the late recap and warn the readers (if there are any) that recaps may not be as detailed as usual until May 13th, when I get done with exams and start my summer. I missed the game yesterday and will miss the one tonight. Some recaps, like today, will be a few words. Hopefully I can get some highlight videos for future games, but couldn't find one today. Again, sorry to those who depend on this for recaps and game links, just cut me a little slack til the thirteenth.


The Swallows saw their CL lead disappear with a poor performance by Nakazawa. They send Masubuchi to the hill tonight to hopefully leave Matsuyama with the CL lead. If the Swallows lose tonight, it will be their third straight, and as well as they have played to this point, they would be looking up to the Carp in the standings.


A promising sign was seeing the Swallows fight back and make it close even after being down big early. This is not the first game they've done it in and is certainly a promising sign. The young Masubuchi has been inconsistent. After throwing 8 shutout innings against the Baystars (I know, I know, but still impressive), he pitched poorly against the Carp and Tigers, allowing 8 total runs in two starts. If he can find his form and cement a bottom of the rotation spot, he will be a valuable asset to the team.

© 2011, copyright Julian Jowise

0 comments:

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Realtime Comments